Data from Census 2011.
Contains the full list of villages for Karnataka from the Census 2011 directory available here, as well as the frequencies of the most common names, prefixes and suffixes.
The Transition State does not take liability for any inadvertent errors in the dataset.
This has been released as a part of the blog’s openness policy.
[Original Post: In Search of a New Village.]
Village Names and Frequencies in Karnataka
Data from Census 2011.
Pavan Srinath is the head of policy research and programmes at the Takshashila Institution.
He teaches topics in policy analysis, urban governance and data visualisation. Pavan has co-authored two books and has been published in Business Standard, Times of India, Pragati – The Indian National Interest Review and Citizen Matters. His interests include science & policy matters, cities, health, history and defence policy. The views expressed in this blog are entirely personal.
- Cities and the Swachh Bharat Mission February 18, 2016
- Smart Cities and Thoughts for Karnataka February 9, 2016
- Why can’t India attract research talent? May 20, 2015
- The Eightfold path to Good Public Engagement May 6, 2015
- Arranging a market for lemons May 5, 2015
- The Age of India September 9, 2013
- Infographic – Growth and Poverty in India October 11, 2013
- A Tale of Two Cities January 21, 2015
- Myths from Mars February 19, 2014
- Toilets and access December 27, 2013
- Anantha Nageswaran: Good one, Pavan. Just did not connect the fact tha...
- Entrepreneurship and public policy | Logos: […] Note: The post was inspired by a panel d...
- zenrainman (@zenrainman): Very well put. Excellent stuff....
- Parikshit: Evidence is anecdotal at best. Until then, https...
- Brainstorming | Pertinent Observations: […] And Pavan argued that competition is alo...
- Flight food and choice
- Well played!
- A conversation with historian Srinath Raghavan
- Why Ismat Chugtai’s stories should not be dropped from Rajasthan’s school textbooks
- Orhan Pamuk’s strange and sublime realms
- An old book in these new times
- How I discovered the genius of Jhumpa Lahiri
- Nitin Pai quoted in The Diplomat on Prime Minister Modi’s economic achievements
- Why Delhi’s bus service is more expensive than that of Chennai
- Where did we go right with the grants for the cities?
- February 2016 (2)
- May 2015 (3)
- April 2015 (1)
- March 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (3)
- January 2015 (2)
- November 2014 (4)
- October 2014 (1)
- September 2014 (2)
- June 2014 (1)
- May 2014 (3)
- April 2014 (1)
- March 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (2)
- January 2014 (4)
- December 2013 (3)
- November 2013 (2)
- October 2013 (2)
- September 2013 (6)
- August 2013 (4)
- July 2013 (5)
- June 2013 (6)
- May 2013 (4)
- April 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (4)
- January 2013 (1)
- August 2012 (2)